Spur is looking for enthusiastic and approachable leaders to fill substitute teacher positions in the Bullock County Schools district. The ideal candidate for the job would enjoy working with students as well as hold a passion for teaching. Substitutes are expected to be punctual and professional as well as maintain a professional appearance. Candidates must always act in accordance with the school’s rules and procedures. Positions schedules will be based on the school’s standard schedule, however, some districts may offer opportunities outside of the regular school schedule. Extra opportunities are dictated entirely by the district in which they fall and are not guaranteed. Candidates must be able to work on an on-call basis.
The duties and requirements for this position are:
- Implementing lesson plans
- Assigning classwork and homework
- Maintaining classroom control and discipline
- Creating daily reports for the classroom teacher
- Taking attendance in accordance with school procedures
- Setting up basic technology equipment to support classroom instructions
- Able to work on on-call basis
- Prior related experience working with children
- The ability to lift heavy objects up to 40 lbs.
- Performing other miscellaneous duties as assigned requirements