Department of Transportation Medical Exam
Federal law requires drivers of commercial motor vehicles (CMVs) to receive regular physical examinations. DOT physicals are designed to detect physical, mental, and emotional issues that can impact a CMV driver’s ability to safely spend long hours on the road.
What drivers should expect for the exam
A DOT exam will include an evaluation of an employee’s vision, hearing, blood pressure/pulse rate, and overall physical ability.
Obtaining this Qualification (for substitute bus drivers in OCPS)
- Contact Spur to receive a Concentra Authorization Form.
- Schedule an appointment with one of the following Concentra locations:
- Concentra North Orlando – (407) 206-3326 – 4780 N Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando, FL 32810
- Concentra South Orlando – (407) 859-5656 – 9500 Satellite Blvd Suite 100, Orlando, FL 32837
Details about your DOT Medical Exam appointment:
- Please allow 2 hours to complete all of the necessary tests.
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes.
- Do not bring children with you. They are not allowed in the testing facility.
- What to Bring to Your Medical Exam
- A copy of the Concentra Authorization Form.
Documenting this Qualification
Upload a copy or take a photo of your Clearance Letter form from Concentra. The following information should be clearly visible:
- Your results from each test.
- Assessment of your qualification for substitute school bus driver.
- Examining physician’s signature and date.